The Leadmill is Sheffield’s longest running venue supporting a range of cultural events, from live music, comedy and theatre performances to club nights, cinema and talks.
We are a venue that is committed to providing engaging and meaningful entertainment that enhances the experience of our audiences.
The Leadmill is located next to Sheffield Railway Station, and we serve communities across the city and the region. We have two spaces at The Leadmill; our main room with a standing capacity of 900, and our second, the ‘Steel Stage,’ a standing capacity of 250.
We programme a range of events that span various genres and connect multiple communities to live entertainment. We work alongside multiple local organisations to develop projects and provide skills development opportunities for those wishing to work within the industry.
Our box office is open the following times for lost property and ticket purchases:
Monday – 10am – 5pm
Tuesday – 10am – 5pm
Wednesday – 10am – 5pm
Thursday – 10am – 5pm
Friday – 10am – 5pm
Saturday – CLOSED
Sunday – CLOSED
There is no booking fee for cash and card purchases for sales made at our box office.
We are just two minutes walk from Sheffield Train Station. Exit the station via the front doors and follow the pedestrian footpath running uphill, parallel with the water fountains. When you reach the main road turn left and follow the road down to the first set of traffic lights. You will see a fork in the road in front of you with three exits to choose from. We are on the road in the middle (Leadmill Road).
For national rail services please visit www.nationalrail.co.uk
Our closest tram stop is at the Train Station/Sheffield Hallam University. Follow the directions from the train station above.
Tram times and information can be found at http://www.supertram.com
We are just a few minutes walk from the Sheffield Interchange in the City Centre. Regular bus services are available as well as National Express Services.
More information on local bus routes can be found at http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com
For national bus travel visit www.nationalexpress.com
Those of you who know Sheffield will know that it is a nightmare to drive around! Don’t get lost, type our postcode S1 4SE into your Sat Nav or route finder.
Type your journey details into the AA route planner for the best route www.TheAA.com
Thanks to our friends at Mercure Hotels, we can offer discounted hotel rates to our gig-goes travelling from outside of Sheffield. Simply follow the link below which has the 15% discount already applied to certain hotel rooms and then confirm your booking through their website. This discount is only available for Leadmill visitors and is subject to availability.
We also recommend Stay Sheffield who have a fantastic range of varied, comfortable and individually designed apartments throughout Sheffield.
Tickets for live events can be bought from the Leadmill website, by phone via our box office or in person from our box office. The Leadmill box office is open from 10am until 5pm Monday to Friday. To buy tickets on the phone please call 0114 272 7040.
Lost property can be collected whilst the Leadmill box office is open from 10am until 5pm Monday to Friday. Lost property is unable to be collected outside of these hours. We do recommend that you call ahead on 0114 272 7040 to check that your item is ready for you to collect. Items left in the cloakroom or found in the club are only kept for one month before we donate what we can to a local charity.
The Leadmill does not have a strict dress code. All we ask is that you refrain from wearing track suits and football shirts. Trainers are welcome. If you wear a hat we may ask you to remove it.
You may be asked to produce ID in order to gain entry to the Leadmill and to purchase alcohol. The only forms of ID that we accept are passports, identity cards, driving licences or proof of age cards bearing the PASS hologram. University cards, photocopied documents or expired documents are not valid forms of ID. Anyone caught purchasing alcohol for anyone under the age of 18 will be asked to leave the venue.
Anyone caught using invalid ID, including ID belonging to someone else, will be refused entry and the ID will be confiscated and passed on to South Yorkshire Police Licencing Dept. If you have had an ID confiscated please visit https://www.safeguardingsheffieldchildren.org/False-Id for further information.
For most of our live events, The Leadmill is an all-standing venue. There is limited seating available but we are unable to reserve it or guarantee its availability. If you have any specific needs ahead of a show then please contact the venue on 0114 272 7040.
Doors for live events are generally at 7:00pm but please check the individual event, your ticket or booking confirmation for more details. Live events typically end between 10:30pm and 11pm, but may on occasion end earlier or later. If so, we will try to make this information available beforehand.
All of our shows are 14+ unless otherwise stated. We do recommend that under 18 year olds are accompanied by an adult, but this is not a condition of entry.
We will always do our best to post stage times for our shows on our website, on our Facebook page and Twitter page but these are always subject to change.
If you would like to be considered to play at the Leadmill then please send a link to your music with some information about you to email@example.com.
The Leadmill is committed to promoting the equality of people with disabilities and will take the necessary commitments to meet as many access requirements as possible. We are a step free venue, located entirely on ground floor level and work closely with disability-led charity Attitude is Everything to ensure we are doing what we can and following their charter for best practise. For further information please see here.
The Leadmill also works alongside various organisations, both local and national, in order to provide a safe and welcoming space for all. We are a venue that works to be as inclusive and diverse as possible – whilst always promoting equality.
Our seats are roughly 41cm in width and have no arm rests.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any issues or concerns regarding your visit to The Leadmill via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need a private, quiet space to discuss a private matter then please let us know and we will happily assist.
All of our staff at The Leadmill have attended trans-awareness training sessions in conjunction with local LGBTQ+ charity SAYiT. The Leadmill welcomes people of all genders and is a proud supporter of LGBTQ+ community.
As a venue, we regularly promote LGBTQ+ events, shows and club nights which you can find on our individual listings page.
For further information about LGBTQ+ friendly spaces and support groups please visit:
SaYiT : https://sayit.org.uk/
Pride in Sheffield : https://prideinsheffield.org.uk/
Sheffield Mind : https://www.sheffieldmind.co.uk/
The Leadmill is authorised to sell tickets to events as an agent on behalf of the promoter of the event (the “Event Promoter“). All tickets sold by, or on behalf of The Leadmill (the “Tickets“) are sold subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Event Promoter, ticketing outlets and The Leadmill.
- Events may be age restricted and it is the responsibility of the ticket holder to check before purchasing. Please visit www.leadmill.co.uk for further information.
- Tickets cannot be cancelled or exchanged after purchase unless the event is cancelled, rescheduled or otherwise stated.
- The Leadmill will not take responsibility for the validity of tickets purchased from unauthorized agents or other sources.
- The management can not be held responsible for lost or stolen tickets.
- Unlawful resale, or attempted unlawful resale of a ticket is grounds for seizure or cancellation without refund or other compensation.
- Tickets cannot be used for competitions, promotions or advertising without written permission of the event promoter. Failure to adhere to these conditions may result in the ticket holder being refused entry or removed from the venue without refund or other compensation.
- Management reserves the right to refuse admission, and customers may be subject to a search on entry.
- Customers may be ejected or not permitted into The Leadmill and will be asked to surrender tickets held by the ticket holder, if, in the reasonable opinion of the venue, the ticket holder is a risk to the safety of any patron or affects the enjoyment of other patrons; and/or the running of the event; and/or the ticket holder’s behaviour is deemed unacceptable. Examples include: being (or appearing to be): drunk or incapable or intoxicated, under age (where relevant to the event), abusive, threatening, behaving anti-socially, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, declining to be searched or are in breach of the ticket Terms and Conditions.
- No food or drink is permitted to be brought into the venue. A variety of food and beverages will be available for purchase inside the venue.
- There is no re-admission once you have left the venue.
- Ticket holders consent to any filming and sound recordings as members of the audience.
- The use of unauthorised cameras, video and/or sound recording equipment is prohibited and such items may be confiscated during the performance at the ticket holder’s own risk.
- Animals, with the exception of assistance dogs, are not permitted in The Leadmill and on some events may not be permitted in the performance area. Customers are requested to contact The Leadmill in advance for further information in this regard.
- Customers are requested to address any special access requirements in advance of their visit by contacting email@example.com or by calling 0114 2727040.
- In case of emergency, please follow instructions and directions from staff.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited
- When purchasing alcohol if you appear to be under the age of 25 you may be asked for proof of age.
- Please consider our neighbours and leave The Leadmill quietly.
- The venue and event promoter are not liable for any personal travel, accommodation or hospitality arrangement made relating to the event or cancellation of the event.
- Flashing lights may be used as part of the event production.
- Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- Visitors arriving after the allotted start time may be asked to wait until a suitable break in the performance before being admitted entrance.
- The Promoter, The Venue and Ticket Agents accept no responsibility for any personal property.
- Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person. We reserve the right to cancel tickets purchased in excess of this number.
- If an event is rescheduled, changed or moved, the Promoter will usually give you the option of either retaining or exchanging your tickets for the new date/location, or alternatively claiming a refund. If an event is cancelled by the Promoter you will normally be offered a refund. Please note that the Booking Fee and any Transaction Fees are not refundable in these circumstances.
Merchandise Returns Policy
- If you wish to return an item the fastest way to do this is to come to The Leadmill or alternatively you can post the item back to the venue
- You have 30 days to return from the date of purchase
- We will refund the full price of the item including postage
- All returned items must be in their original condition unworn and unwashed, with all labels intact
- We reserve the right to refuse refunds if this procedure has not been followed