The Leadmill is committed to promoting the equality of people with disabilities and taking the necessary steps to meet any requirements. We have provided information below on the venue’s accessibility. Please get in touch with us if you have any queries about your upcoming visit to The Leadmill and our staff will always do their best to accommodate. We’re always striving to improve our accessible services so please don’t hesitate to share your suggestions with us via email.
For any enquiries requiring access support, please contact our box office ticketing staff:
T: 0114 2727 040 (we welcome calls using Typetalk)
A: The Leadmill Club, 6 Leadmill Road, Sheffield, S1 4SE
We aim to respond to any enquiries within 5 working days.
Personal Assistant Ticketing Scheme
- People with disabilities are entitled to a free personal assistant ticket (often referred to as a PA ticket) upon proof of disability, which must be requested in advance of an event.
- We recommend that customers first purchase their general admission ticket and then email us at email@example.com to obtain a free personal assistant ticket alongside any of the following examples of proof: Disability Living Allowance (DLA) / Attendance Allowance (AA), Personal Independence Payments (PIPs), Adult Disability Payment (ADP), Blue Badges & The Access Card. We will review an application without the recommended evidence on a case-by-case basis.
- Personal assistant tickets are to be collected once you arrive at the venue; these are never posted in advance of a show. We offer PA tickets for all events at The Leadmill.
Viewing area – Main Room shows
- An accessible viewing area is available for our main room shows upon request. We do not sell separate tickets for our accessible viewing area or disabled access tickets, only general admission.
- If you wish to be seated in our viewing area, please first purchase a general admission ticket and then contact the venue via firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do our best to allocate you a space.
- As we are not a purpose-built venue, this is not a permanent area, and therefore it must be booked in advance in order for it to be set up in a space that has been carefully considered.
- Due to our capacity, spaces are limited and are given on a first come, first served basis. This area is positioned by the front, to the right of the stage, with disabled access toilets and bars behind this location.
- As there is limited space within the viewing area, any friend or personal assistant that attends the event with you may not be able to access the viewing area, in order to maximise the number of requests we can fulfil. However, the viewing area is only separated from the standing area by a waist-height barrier, so they would be welcome to stand on the other side and wouldn’t be far/unable to reach or communicate with.
Accessibility for Steel Stage (Second Room) shows
- Due to the smaller size of our Steel Stage area, our accessible viewing options are more limited, and may change with each event.
- Please get in touch with us via email@example.com and we will explore options to be able to provide a safe and comfortable viewing experience.
Seating/Stools at The Leadmill
- Some of our events are seated (comedy and drag shows, live events where specifically stated). The seating for these events are folding chairs (41cm seat width) with no armrests.
- For our standing events in the main room, we keep a limited stock of tall and backed stools that are roughly 34 cm in width and have no armrests. There are limited spots for these and viewing may be obstructed by other standing customers. Please get in touch with us in advance via firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss these options.
If you have any questions or wish to check the availability of these services please call us on 0114 2727 040 or email us via email@example.com and we will do our best to advise.
Arriving at The Leadmill
- If you have made arrangements via firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of a show then you are entitled to priority entry. If there is a queue, please go straight to the front and notify the door team of your arrival so that they can ensure you are admitted into the venue as quickly as possible, as soon as the doors to the event are open. Staff will have a note of all customers and their requirements; whether this be additional PA tickets, access to the viewing area or to a stool.
- Please note, if we can grant access any earlier than the doors opening times we will, but we often have sound checks and venue checks to complete before this can be done, so we recommend arriving as close to the allocated opening time as possible and coming straight to the front of the queue.
- If you have any questions or require any assistance when you arrive or during the event, please speak to a member of our door staff, and they will contact a member of our management team. Alternatively, please ask one of our bar staff to bring a manager over to you.
Getting to The Leadmill
- The Leadmill is located approximately 0.2 miles from Sheffield train station, 0.4 miles from Sheffield Interchange and 0.5 miles from the city centre.
- Vehicles and taxis can drop off and pick up directly outside of The Leadmill.
- There are no designated disabled parking spaces at The Leadmill, however there is limited on street parking on Leadmill Road where blue badge holders can park on a first come first served basis. We cannot reserve any on street parking.
- In addition to this, there is a Q park situated in Sheffield Train Station where disabled parking is available, this is approximately 0.2 miles from The Leadmill.
Access at The Leadmill
- The Leadmill is a step-free venue, located on ground floor level. We have two main event spaces; our Main Area and Steel Stage (Second Room).
- We have 2 disabled access toilets and 3 bars, also all on ground floor level and adjacent to the two event spaces. Both are within close proximity of the viewing area with no obstructions. Both of these toilets are gender-neutral.
- Our daytime box office is located above the venue and requires two flights of stairs to access. If you require assistance, please call the Leadmill Box Office intercom and someone will come downstairs to be able to take your enquiry.
Additional Services and Facilities
- At present, there are no audio enhancement services offered at The Leadmill.
- We welcome assistant dogs at The Leadmill. We ask, where possible, that you inform us in advance if you are planning to bring an assistant dog to any of our shows and provide proof that a dog is registered with an organisation that is a member of Assistant Dogs UK.
- Strobe and flashing lighting are frequently used at The Leadmill. If you require further information on this, or specific show information, please call 0114 2727 040, and we will be happy to look into this for you.
- Medicines or food and drink to manage medical conditions are allowed into the venue. Please notify our security team when you arrive prior to being searched.